Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Tomorrow - A Poem


I Can Almost See Tomorrow

In that time before the light
When the world is almost awake
The wind is gentle as if it too sleeps
The noises I hear are those made by man
For nature has not yet stirred from its rest

In those times, when all seems like peace
I can listen to my heart
And not my head
Wouldn’t be great if we could all see
Tomorrow

We would know what is important
We could choose what to forget
Strangers in their rush
Could pause and chat with us
If we only knew what was tomorrow

But tomorrow has not come yet
Its music unwritten
It is still for each of us
To add our lives to make it real
We each have a note to play

But in that time when the world is almost awake
When the wind is gentle
When I can listen to my heart
And not my head
I can almost see tomorrow


2 comments:

Jeannette said...

I hope you will keep your heart and head in good communique...they both have much to say.

John said...

Thank you. My heart and head do communicate routinely, although they sometimes do so via a hand to the forehead. But, you are right they both have much to say and should temper each other.

Best wishes to you and Mark.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...