Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Yesterday and Today

Yesterday

The 23rd Psalm

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want; he makes me to lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside the still waters; he restores my soul.  He leads me in the path of righteousness for his name’s sake.
Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my head with oil, my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Today

God is my Homie, we be tight; he covers my back when shit hits the fan, he gives me a place to hang, he is da Man! 

When crap on the street is going down, no worries, ‘cause da Man is around.  He’s got smack, and stuff so I’m cool.  He lays out them sucker’s so no one messes with me.  I’m chill’n.
We be Homies ‘till.

3 comments:

Jeannette said...

Who have you been hangin' with?

Anonymous said...

I think I'll stick with the older version since I've already got it memorized.

W.B.

John said...

Thanks for the comments, I was thinking of a bunch of things I could compare and contrast, but finally settled on a verse that always comes to me for comfort, and like W.B. says I've got memorized. What actually spurred this was sitting in Mass with my wife listening to how they "update" the scriptures. It just seemed a natural extension of that approach.

Jeannette, hope all is well with you and Mark.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...