Saturday, January 21, 2012

Just a Reflection


I remember a time, not so long ago, when character counted to lead this country.  We looked to men who had shown commitment and character, or at least had masked their indiscretion and maintained their marriage.  I am not sure if what we see today is a better reality or not?
When Ronald Reagan was elected, he was the first President who had ever been divorced and remarried.  What the SC primary shows is fidelity is no longer an issue with even the religious right when it comes to selecting a candidate.
I think Mr. Gingrich is more articulate and perhaps more representative of the conservative agenda of the Republican Party, and Mr. Romney is at best a milk toast politician, but Mr. Gingrich’s morality bother’s me.  While I won’t be voting for Mr. Obama after four years of failed presidency, I am left with a real conundrum with the choice the Republican Party will field.

2 comments:

Blessed and Broken said...

Go Santorum! I will likely be seeing him Monday in DC.

Gino said...

yeah, thats right. he'll make cannon law the law of the land.

but seriously...
if you want character, you absolutely wont find it in a carreer politician. the game just doesnt work that way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...