Saturday, January 7, 2012

Questions on a Saturday in January


Before I start my real work today, and as I sip my coffee, a couple of questions keep running around in my head so I thought I would ask them aloud.
Why can’t you try major appliances and home fixtures before you buy them?  Seriously, you are up the creek if you put in a toilet and don’t like the way if flushes.
I’ve got the “we’ve got to conserve energy” thing, kind of, but why does the government think the world will be better when we change from incandescent light bulbs to halogen/CFL/LED/candles?  Who did the business case analysis on this?   Has anyone considered the post use impacts of hazardous waste?
In the world of oil exploration hydraulic fracturing (also called “fracking”) seems increasingly popular as we explore for smaller herds of dead dinosaurs.  Who fixes the problems to our water supply when they frack up the water table?
Just how many people do we need in the military and who tells the President no when we don’t have enough to go all over the world showing the nation and world what a great leader he/she is?  Who says to him/her that only one soldier is not enough to guard the kingdom?

3 comments:

W.B. Picklesworth said...

42?

John said...

I was thinking a little more, but 42 might be the right number. We have 10 officer grades and 9 enlisted ranks so we need at least 19. 42 would provide redundancy and throw in a couple of spares.

Gino said...

who cares about groundwater. everybody drinks bottled water now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...