Sunday, April 26, 2020

A Note to #MeToo

I'm confused.  Am I supposed to #believeallwomen or #afforddueprocess?  It would seem to me it can't be both ways, can it?  I know it's just part of that age-old question, what came first the accusation or the agenda?

It seems like only yesterday we were supposed to believe a woman who claimed to be a victim of sexual harassment or assault.  Even if that event allegedly took place decades ago.  Then all the sudden allegations of harassment and assault began coming forth from women accusing prominent Democratic leaders and those who were so morally outraged, including journalists, writers, actors and actresses, political opinionists, and media outlets like the NYT or CNN, just a scant two years ago are all up in arms about how the accusers should not be believed.

It is all so confusing for someone just trying to figure out the right thing to believe in.  I guess I'll just stick to the Constitution as I did when this all began.  Sorry, you have to prove your accusation beyond a reasonable doubt to persuade me.  That involves some sort of legal process, not just shouting on television, marching with pink hats, politicians being outraged, or CAPITAL LETTERS IN SOCIAL MEDIA.  

For those with more fluid convictions of who is right or wrong good luck with your outrages.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...