Sunday, October 24, 2010

Election Day

As we approach the upcoming election I would offer this advice from the Chicago Political Machine. Vote Early, Vote Often.

In watching the news I find that I am, as an American, scared and not thinking straight. Funny I don't feel scared, the not thinking straight I accept since my wife has told me that before. If you are scared, then you have more reason to participate in the upcoming election. Before you enter the election booth, to add your voice to the decision, please spend a moment or two thinking about your core values and how to reflect them in your choice.

What these past two years has shown me is that when either party has a dominant majority they will put the nations interest aside and fight for the largest number of negative sound bites they can garner. This is only fostered by the 24/7/365 talking head syndrome we are going through. Maybe we would be better off if we could bring back Max Headroom.

For me I am taking my lead from the Queen of Hearts in Alice Through the Looking Glass.
Off with Their Heads!

2 comments:

Carol............. said...

I had to chuckle re: the Queen of Hearts', "Off with their heads!"

I agree with your post.....the struggle for power is the issue there....never mind the will of us "regular folk".....

Jeannette said...

Poor heads...just think headless, they could have a half-life that might make them even more useless or destructive than they've been in their full capacties. How about just ask them to rise from their seats ( permanently) and then give them what everyone sometimes needs- a pat on the back - sometimes high and sometimes low...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...