Sunday, July 29, 2012

Golf and Youth

A beautiful day, one of the nice things about not having a scheduled tee time is you show up and they fit you in. This might be bad at a really busy course, but the military one closest to me isn't that busy on a hot summer day. I ended up playing with two young airman, crew chiefs on the AC-130U, who were better than me, hitting from the tips. But we had a nice afternoon, and I had a chance to ask what problems they where going through with their jobs. I wonder how often the Commanders are talking with the young troops, because this single snapshot let me know they are concerned with how there are too many inexperienced young troops. These Senior Airman are frustrated because we have unbalanced the force, and because of it their options are limited.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...