Monday, February 21, 2011

Voices

In the quiet of the day we all hear voices.  They come from our past, our conscience, our parents, or our pastors; they guide us in the decisions of our lives.  Too many push these voices away choosing to listen to others, their friends, the media, or to celebrities who routinely show a less than solid grasp of responsible life.
The voices I speak of should not be confused with the voices of a schizophrenic mind where they dominate his/her world as reality slips away.  My voices are quiet, subtle reminders of what is important and how I govern my life.
Last night there was an interview with Scott Brown, the junior senator from Massachusetts and it appears he is not following the script the political analysts and self-serving pundits have written for him.  He was to storm into Washington and become the hero that saved the Republican Party and led the way for the Tea Party to gain dominance.  He has angered those in his party with his support of some of President Obama’s initiatives, and he has voted for greater control of Wall Street, working with Representative Barney Frank to find compromise.  Not meaning to toot my own horn but I think I called this in Jan 10. Much Ado About Little
Scott Brown is turning out to be the rarest of rare, a politician that does what he says he will, thinks for himself and appears to put the interest of the constituency first.  He is hearing voices, clearly.  Whether I agree with him or not is irrelevant; he is being honest with himself and with others.  I wonder how long he will last before the system corrupts him.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...