Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Today

Today is a Mama's and Papa's kind of day.  If you are old enough to remember the group and their songs, then you may understand my meaning.  The weather is muggy,  and the sky is gray.  It leads to somber, moody feelings where I would like to find an isolated spot to curl up and nap.  Unfortunately responsibilities abound and I cannot walk away on this winters day.

The day seems caught between the waste of nothingness and the artificially induced mania of some General wanting some trivial and useless piece of knowledge.  Something that will take minutes and hours to formulate precisely and moments to forget once provided.

I miss the music of the 60's, when the world and the music seemed fresh and new.  It was a time when we weren't jaded by the dirt and filth of the all the news, all the time, on all the channels.  I think the 60's was when color was invented. It was when the black and white world of the 50's became psychedelic.  Musicians didn't lip sink then, except when they did, like on American Bandstand.

I was a loner in the 60's, caught between the smart kids, the popular kids, and the soon to be dropout kids.  As I reflect back, I was lucky.  It allowed me to become me.  For the good I could choose my own path and not be deterred just because my group isn't doing it.  For the bad I had a hard time completely trusting and committing.  For the good I could see both sides of an argument.  For the bad, it really didn't matter.

"All the leaves are brown, and the sky is gray"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...