Sunday, April 1, 2018

Four Days Removed


Each of us handle loss in our own way.  We had three cats, now we have two.  Bama was a good pet.  As far as cats go I think he represented his species well, but he did seem to have some dog in him.  He would come when I called, and he liked to sleep on my lap, both qualities are more associated with the canine than the feline.
He spent his first year in a Vet’s office and was given to us by someone I worked with.  He was with us for about 15 years and was about as tolerant of all the stuff we did to him as you could possibly expect.
For the past couple of years, he has suffered from epileptic seizures (we suspect from a brain tumor), which we treated with phenobarbital.  More recently he seemed to have developed a hypothyroid condition which also required medication.  About a week ago he began to experience multiple seizures and did not seem to respond to increased levels of medication.
Perhaps it was due to all the stress we are going through right now, or perhaps it was from the tumor growing?  We will never know. 
Four days ago, we made the decision to put him to rest.  It was both considerate and self-serving as we prepare to move to a new and distant home.
I cried.

3 comments:

Jeannette said...

I'm sorry to hear this, John. 15 years is a long time to have a pet friend, I'm sorry for your loss. I hope the move is full of hope and good energies to balance the inevitable stress of it all.

John said...

Thank you Jeannette.

Racing Games Top Free Games said...

I am so sorry that you lost your cat. I know how it feel to lose something very close to you. Please try to stay happy and play the game Traffic Racing.
Hope you will be fine soon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...