Sunday, June 6, 2010

Golf

Lately I've been playing about half a round a week at the base here. I find it wonderfully relaxing because the course has been very wet and most golfers are going elsewhere. That means I am playing alone, and can enjoy the frustrations of the game without having to worry about anyone else.

Today I got out to the course about 9:30am and went right out. My first shot was terrible but I gave myself a mulligan and nailed it. I have a friend, who's normal comment is "that guy who hits after you is alright."

Another nice thing about Hurlburt there is so much casual water and ground under repair I get to place my ball a lot. Nice for the follow-on shot.

I have to hand it to the Scots... amazing game, I wonder how drunk they must have been to lay out the rules. If you haven't seen Robin Williams video on Golf you really should google it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...