Sunday, September 6, 2009

August has come & gone. It has been a momentous month for us. On August 31st my son's wife gave birth to our second grandchild, and on September 4th our first grandchild turned two. It is hard to believe I now have two grandchildren.
On the way home from church today there was an interesting observation which, I think, summarizes the "whatever I think" picture of today's society. My wife observed that the nation was more divided today than anytime in our past, and it must be a direct result of the Roe v Wade decision that limits the states ability to prevent abortions. I would suspect that most of our society may think the same way. My only comment to this -- it seemed to me the issue of slavery or states rights, and the resultant civil war was probably more divisive since we've not yet seen a state attempt to seperate.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...