1. I wonder where they store the money for social security? People tell me there are trillions of dollars in the account, so there is no problem with the diminishing labor force paying in, and the account will last forever.
2. Why is the national debt limit such a big deal? Our representatives in the Congress have no problem raising it based on political whim or will, so at what point do we declare Chapter 11 bankruptcy and just start over.
3. A friend pointed out that many of today’s senior college professors went into the business of college during the Vietnam war as a way to avoid the draft. When the war ended, they were all tenured and became anti-government indoctrinators of the young. I wonder how true this is?
4. If we believe the judicial system is rigged, who defines what justice is? Should we return to earlier versions like trial by combat, or binding hands and feet, and casting into the moat, where if you drown you are innocent?
5. There seems a great deal of confusion over the word “Free” as in Free Speech. Many on the left seem to think the words “safe” and “without consequences” are somehow linked to the concept, while many on the right think it only applies to confederate statues and not political protest or bad art. (Since I don’t live in the big cities where all the protestors like to gather for good TV coverage, or watch that good TV coverage, I remain pretty neutral in my support or condemnation of political protest, with the exception of noting most of the violence I read about seems to come from one side.)
6. The calls for and against a “single-payer” healthcare system seem divided along income lines. Those who don’t have a great deal of income want one, those who do, don’t. (the exception would be our elected representatives who have a great deal of income, but would exempt themselves if they approved one).
7. Shouldn’t bank executives who drive their bank into bankruptcy be tried by a jury of their depositors? (see points 2 and 4 for cross reference)
8. All the people who think churches should be taxed should reread the 1st Amendment and explain how they would do that and keep the church and state separate. Remember, when we started out we didn’t have income tax.
9. It is easy to appear a hero to your followers when you know the President would veto anything you did, much tougher to be one when your vote counts.
10. Where have all the cat videos gone?