Sunday, February 12, 2012

Old


When does old begin?  I’ve met people who have spent 90 years living life, and they reach out for tomorrow as a start of a new adventure.  I’ve also met 20 year olds who carry the burden of each day as if it was another link in their anchor chain.  Do we have a choice in our aging or is it something that happens regardless of how we view life?
There are days I awake and can’t wait to begin the day, to see a sun rise in the East and fill it with as much thought and accomplishment as I can.  There are others where I see the clock register the passage of time and wonder how long I can lie under the covers and push it back.  These are the days that make me old.  My challenge is to keep those days as few as possible so my aging slows to a crawl, while my youth steps briskly out in front.
Life has a beginning and an inevitable conclusion, the challenge I face is to pass away as young as possible while still putting the greatest number of calendar changes between those two events.  I must remind myself that old is in my control.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...