Friday, February 26, 2016

Only Pawn in Game of Life


“Mongo only pawn… in game of life” ~ Blazing Saddles (1974).  There are many days when this quote comes back to me with a stark personal relevance. I wonder if Mel Brooks and Alex Karras appreciated how long that single line would live on?   So many of us recognize we are often not in control of our fate; in fact we are the lowest valued player in the game. 
This whole Presidential debate thing would be vastly improved if instead of putting all the candidates on the stage in a line we had them all sitting around a big arena controlling battle bots.  For each question they would send out their robot with their sound bite, it would fight for domination and if it won the sound bite would be heard.  This would keep us in line with the rise of cage fighting that seems to be gaining popularity.
Speaking of cage fighting, whatever happened to the “Rock’em-Sock’em Robots” game?  Has it been updated for the younger generation so that if one head pops up they both do and there is no loser?
You know, this whole cell phone encryption issue should really be blamed on Al Gore, not Apple.  Didn’t he invent the internet in the first place?  I have to admit to being torn over this whole deal.  One the one hand, since terrorists kill people using their cell phones shouldn’t we require all terrorist’s to register their phones with the government so they can be tracked and confiscated when public outrage demands? On the other, I believe the 1st and 4th Amendments are still part of our Constitution, and I am not a big fan of the Government spying on its citizens as so many seem to be.
My favorite headline today was “Hillary Surprised by Trump being so ‘Mean-Spirited’: He Used to Seem So Nice…  I guess that’s the difference between chatting up a billionaire for a donation and the billionaire actually telling you what he thinks.
We need more news channels.  I think every individual with a camera and an opinion should have their own channel where they can tell other people what to think.
Mean tweets should be outlawed!  Since I don’t use twitter I have no idea what this means, but anything mean can’t be good.
You know, I’ve not seen a lot of baby kissing this campaign season!  I can certainly understand the Democrats not wanting to kiss babies based on their party’s platform, but shouldn’t the Republicans be out kissing every baby they can get their hands on?
I wonder how a conversation between John D. Rockefeller and Bernie Sanders would go?   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...