Wednesday, August 14, 2013

As We Come Back Around


First, let me say this is one of the things I agree with John Oliver (The Daily Show) on.  We are three years away from the 2016 election; give us a break on speculating who may or may not run for whatever party is going to be contesting the election.  But then talking heads like Chris “I do this for a living” Matthews really doesn’t have anything else worth keeping them on TV for and the unemployment rates for political pundits would skyrocket, and that would be terrible for them.
I do have to say I am amused that the who is or isn’t eligible to be president because of where they were or weren't born seems to be changing poles, just like our sun is about to.  I wonder how this will play out when all the people challenging the current President's right have to defend the next set of candidates, or all the people who called those other guys racists for their challenges now take up the self-same issue they so heatedly opposed over the past five years?
As Walt Kelly wrote:  “We have met the enemy and he is us!”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...