Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Really, You Really Said That?


There are so many times I would like to reach out to a public figure, who talking extemporaneously will say things you really have to wonder about.  Sometimes I can only shake my head, other times I have to laugh, occasionally I am sympathetic, but often I think they get exactly what they deserve.
For example, when Mr. Limbaugh opened his mouth to criticize Ms. Fluke he probably got the response he deserved, with the exception of the attempt by the left to rob him of his livelihood by threatening his advertisers.
On April 2nd the President said, Ultimately, I'm confident that the Supreme Court will not take what would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress.”  Really, someone with a law degree from Harvard would really think the Supreme Court has never-ever taken the unprecedented, or the extraordinary step of overturning a law passed by congress, especially one that was passed on a strictly partisan basis? Maybe Harvard should release those college transcripts, if for no other reason than to show he may have missed the class on Marbury vs. Madison.
I could talk about the Vice President, but I don’t have either the time or the space so lets move on to some others.
How about Mr. Olbermann – canned from MSNBC and now Current TV, by the way is that really a network?  In his statements immediately afterwards and on subsequent interviews it sure appears he has said maybe one or two things that have led others to find less worth in his comments then he believes.
In talking with Soledad O’Brien in a CNN interview, Mitt Romney said, “I’m in this race because I care about Americans. I’m not concerned about the very poor — we have a safety net there. If it needs repair, I’ll fix it. I’m not concerned about the very rich — they’re doing just fine. I’m concerned about the very heart of America, the 90 to 95 percent of Americans who right now are struggling.”  Really, in this campaign where the Democrats will paint you as a rich, uncaring, sheltered white man, you would really use the words “I’m not concerned” and “poor” in a sound bite?  This is only slightly better then Custer saying, “I think we have them on the run boys!”

2 comments:

Gino said...

did Custer really say that?

i guessing probably said something more like "Kill these @#$%! indians!!!"

John said...

Gino, you caught me... but it did lead me to see what the web had to say about them. http://www.sonofthesouth.net/union-generals/custer/custers-last-words.htm

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...