Saturday, January 22, 2011

Why?

I have a truck, it is a nice truck, with so few real truck miles on it.  It has served me well, and fulfills its role.  It sits quietly at my service.  I've put but one or two little wrinkles in its smooth skin, but it has not complained.  Each season or so I refresh it with oil and other lubricants.


Each morning it starts up and carries me the few scant miles I must travel to work.  It rests patiently in the lot with other trucks and cars and SUV's, all awaiting their owners return.  They are always there to carry us to hearth and home.


In the chill of the winter its warm seats sooth me, and the radio always plays my favorite songs.  The power of its engine, the heart and sole of this truck, surge strong and sure as we move through life.  It seems to have become a reflection.  It is not the biggest of trucks, nor the fastest, nor strongest, but its utility cannot be questioned.  It is like me --  completely adequate.


So why am I considering a small sports coupe to replace it?

1 comment:

Blessed and Broken said...

I am trying to remember if it has a 2nd row, versus flip seats. Let us know when you want to sell it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...