Wednesday, June 6, 2018

There Must Be a Pill for That



There Must Be a New Pill.

What is up with Vitamin D?  For years milk has claimed to have vitamin D and we were told that playing outside in the sun would give us vitamin D and that was the last we ever heard of it.  Then along came daily vitamins and since we were moving indoors to avoid the sun that would seem to work out, but no one ever explained why you needed vitamin D, it was just part of that whole vitamin alphabet.

Now I can’t seem to read a paper or scan the internet without being bombarded with the necessity of vitamin D.  If you don’t have enough dementia sets in, or you have miscarriages, or one arm may fall off. 

On the annual health screenings now in addition to cholesterol, they are checking your “D” levels.  Too much and you are told to stand in a closet, too little and you have to take a supplement since the negatives of the sun are so bad.

As if worrying about why so many Philadelphia Eagles didn’t want to go to the White House and get their picture taken, or why President Trump disinvited them, or why whoever wins the NBA championship will stay home, now I have to have a Vitamin D dipstick that I have to check every six months.

I think it is a conspiracy between the supplement industry and the FAA, with the FDC caught in the middle.  BTW, did the FAA really make a conscious choice to hire the least qualified candidates to boost its gender, sexual, and non-binary status ratings?  Yeah -- Flight Safety.

I bet vitamin D would fix that!

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

I suspect that vitamin "R" is helpful as long as you get it in all all three forms...read a little, rant a little and relax a little.

I wonder what source of vitamin any thou e tests are done on. Are all sources equal? Chemically produced multi vitamins versus food based? Information that can be relied upon is hard to get. However, whatever the latest studies have said on coffee, for example, I know I just enjoyed a great cup of the coffee Mark makes us every morning. I know I feel better after I scratch around in the garden and the sun for a bit. Maybe ignorance really is bliss?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...