Friday, March 16, 2018

Coincidence?


The universe is a vast and mysterious place.  The many views of it are found in the multitude of theologies and among the various parts of the science of physics that make up the field of cosmology.  Funny how close cosmology is to cosmetology.  One seeks the answer to the questions of the universe.  The other the answer to the questions of the perfect hairdo.  Both are formidable mysteries that are unlikely to be solved in our time.
But that is not really what I wanted to write about today.
This week I had the recently mandated Medicare “wellness interview” with a Nurse Practitioner named Brandie.  She was a fine girl and undoubtedly a good wife.  (Sorry, my mind is stuck in the 70’s.)  Well anyway, we spent about half the interview talking about how old people tend to fall down, and she wanted to make sure I was aware that I was an old person and likely to fall down if I didn’t have hand grips on my shower and someone to hold me erect as I went out to play golf.
So, what is the big news this week?  Why HRC of course.  She is over in India falling down all over the place as she condemns the stupid middle class of America for picking someone less Democrat than her.  Is this coincidence or karma?  You decide.
For me, I think we need to send nurse Brandie over to talk with Ms. Clinton right now.  I believe her advice would be invaluable, although if history is any indication it would be ignored, and she would have an unfortunate accident, commit suicide, or be gunned down in the street shortly afterward.

3 comments:

Jeannette said...

Facing our mortality without falling down is indeed something to be wished for. When we were young and remodeling our bath, my dear do everything well husband put a bar on the shower tub wall in case any one elderly should be visiting. Fast forward to knee surgery for someone who has not yet fallen, and boy is that thing handy!

Yes, in some instances, Brandi should probably, as C. S. Lewis was wont to say, save her breath to cool her porridge. As Goldilocks learned, eating porridge that is too hot can be injurious to your health; in fact, Goldilocks learned that even sitting down at some tables can lead to run for your life situations.

In the meantime, it is probably advisable for a good many of us, though we should not like to hear this advice coming directly at us, to drop as many pounds off as far as we ca drop it without actually going down with the dropped weight itself. I imagine that Brandi could incur all manner of minor dangers if she were so bold with some of her patients. I know a doctor that tells patients things like, "... really, you don't look like you weigh that much..." Sigh, such a diplomate, he could have been in politics.

John said...

Thank you for the comment and observation. Hand grips are a wonderful addition to home safety, and I agree we should probably all lose a few pounds.

Brandie was doing her job, and I am no way attempting to imply she was doing anything less. I only observe that I hope Ms. Clinton is receiving the same advice I am as it seems obvious to this lay observer she seems to have a balance issue that is hopefully being addressed.

Jeannette said...

And I was only suggesting that Brandi save her breath, and as you implied then perhaps her life. in advising certain persons. Otherwise Brandi sounded right on task as you say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...