Friday, March 3, 2017

YGTBSM

-->
I can only laugh at the breaking sports news suggesting Colin Kaepernick will stand for the National Anthem if some team will just sign him to a contract for next year.  Either his heartfelt belief that America is a vile place, and he cannot in good conscience stand for the anthem was pure BS from the start, or he is making empty promises in an attempt to make himself more marketable.  I don’t think it can run both ways.

I thought from the very beginning his decision was more his girlfriend’s than his, but what do I know?

So here is my advice to him. 

Colin, I don’t think the CFL plays the US National Anthem before games.  To paraphrase Horace Greeley… Go north young man, and let this be the last we have to deal with you.

2 comments:

Gino said...

Kaepernick is a life long, cloistered athlete. he was raised to pursue his one talent. that talent was not intellectualism.

give him a pass for being stupid/less educated/wise than he should be because he was never asked to be..
he's a decent young man, who does take the time to give of himself to his community.
if he can still play football (he can) he should.

(besides, a much less patriotic man will be recieving a presidential pension for the rest of his life. kaepernick is better than him.)

John said...

I don't disagree, I'm just pointing out Canadian football seems an ideal fit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...