Saturday, January 25, 2014

Escape.

In the mundane I think there are times in the day when we must escape the present to maintain our equilibrium.  I suspect, without any proof whatsoever, that most of us have the ability to close our eyes, and use our imagination to transport us to a more serene place.  I would also think, again without proof, that those who are incapable of doing this find the world a very stressful and unrelenting place.
This epiphany came to me just the other day as I lost an hour and a half of my life listing to a company explain how good they were at what they did.  One of their claims was they were able to pick out small details and correlate them to the surrounding environment to determine a potential catastrophic event.  These words all sounded good, but then I looked at their first slide, the one that described the company.  It showed what degrees the employees had, what security clearances where held, and how many total employees were in the company.  It said the company was made up of 200 employees, but they have 208 individuals with various degrees and an impressive 238 hold various clearances.  I’m sorry, but if you can’t get your company slide right then how good are you at picking out small details?  Really!

There are other times when we have made yet another 120 degree turn in some different direction that I have to take a deep breath and just close my eyes for a moment and see a cloud street rising to the heavens as I roll and bank through those halls of space.  Thank you John Gillespie Magee Jr.
 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...