Tuesday, July 17, 2012

You Know You're in Trouble When...


I watched the Boston Red Sox this weekend at Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg, Florida.  We saw two of the three games between the Sox and the Rays, and on Sunday Josh Beckett pitched.  If there is a slower, drag your ass to work, pitcher I don’t know where you would find him.  He works at glacial speed, wait a minute I take that back, glaciers are retreating faster than Beckett.  You know it’s bad when the Boston fans start booing him for taking too long to throw the ball.
Meanwhile back home, Billy Hamilton of the Pensacola Blue Wahoo’s, a double­-A farm team for the Cincinnati Reds, runs the bases in 13.8 seconds for an inside the park home run.  He has 109 stolen bases in 87 games this year, and his home run would have been faster but he stopped to sign autographs on the jog from third.  If Hamilton were to face Beckett he could score about 10 runs between pitches.
We had to make a choice on Monday before the drive home.  We could go to the Dali museum or the Apple store to have my wife’s laptop checked out.  I chose poorly and we went to the Apple store.  I knew I was in trouble when we walked in and the technician looked at the computer and asked if we wanted a few moments alone before it was put out of its misery.  Walking into the International Plaza in Tampa the sky was overcast, walking out it opened up to give me a second soaking just to rub in the first one from Apple.  I had to remind myself that Apple Computers don’t grow on trees.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...