Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Flying Under the Radar


This has become a rather common expression intended to reflect someone or something that has escaped public notice.  I was curious of its origin so like any rational 21st Century man I “Googled” it.
According to the “Urban Dictionary” its origins are, as I suspected, from the mid-fifties when talking about how to counter a radar defense by flying below its horizon.  There are also several very nice videos of aircraft flying very low.  I thought this might be an enjoyable moment or two for those who like airplanes.
P.S.  This was going to be a short piece on the Presidential candidates but I am easily distracted by airplanes.

2 comments:

Gino said...

but airplanes are more entertaining while spewing hot air.

Blessed and Broken said...

lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...