Sunday, October 30, 2011

Reasoned Thought


Sometimes just sitting here looking at the blank page, wondering how to fill it is the most relaxing part of my day.  I close my eyes and think about a hundred things I would like to say, but most of them are thoughts too trivial to share, or best kept to myself.  I am under no pressure to write, it is done purely for my enjoyment, and to leave for my children, and others, a record of things I think worth sharing.
Unfortunately for our society there are far too many media types who are under a deadline, and who apparently feel no such compulsion to self-edit.  Yesterday I was reading the blog Legal Insurrection, a conservative political blog I like because it does stay pretty low key in its approach, it has a regular feature on Saturdays called “Saturday Night Card Game” that deals with someone who has used race for political purpose.  This past Saturday’s posting was particularly inflammatory [here].  In this video Ms. Finney points out that Mr. Cain is only a feel good candidate for the racist Republicans and a “black man who knows his place.”  It is an interesting observation from a liberal Democratic strategist, whose sole purpose is to destroy the opposition, not to build a nation.  Unfortunately she is not alone in the media, and the same inflammatory rhetoric is apparent on both sides.
When you have so many channels and so many hours in a day to fill up, reasoned thought does not seem to be a consideration for most media political discussion.

3 comments:

Carol............. said...

Testing... (before I leave another comment! LOL)

Carol............. said...

Wooooo-hooo!
Glad you have the comment issue solved!

Now I can finally let you know that I visit your blog often!

I agree with much of what you have to say in your posts....your political and personal insights... and I find that your writings are interesting "food for thought".

Gino said...

yes! this comment form works better.

you'll be hearing from me a lot more. you might regret that. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...