Tuesday, October 11, 2011

How Not to Spend a Weekend?


Life is bewildering to me.  I bet I can live a lifetime and never figure it out.  This weekend my wife and I drove up to scenic Tennessee to see three things, the fall colors of the mountains, see what log cabins looked like, and visit our neighbor/friend who had recently moved up there for the peace and lower cost of living.  Apparently there were a couple hundred thousand other people who wanted to do at least two of the same things.
After nine hours we left Interstate 40 to travel the twenty miles to Pigeon Forge.  Two hours later we were almost there.  The next day we headed off for a bit of shopping before we headed up to the mountains.  Six hours later we had stopped at two stores, ate a late lunch, traveled 30 miles and made it home, never leaving the main road from I-40 to Pigeon Forge.  That evening we took an hour to travel five miles to see a show.  It took 10 minutes to return home because it was apparently after everyone else’s bedtime.
This was an expensive lesson on when you should avoid Pigeon Forge.  In the process of unloading on Friday night, my wife’s camera case fell out of the car and I didn’t notice.  In the process of moving the car I crushed the camera, so now I get to buy her a new one.
By the way, the trees were pretty in a fall sort of way, and the cabin we stayed in was pretty sweet once we found the "fork in the road" we had to take.



1 comment:

Jeannette said...

May you have a restful weekend at home together soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...