Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Changing of the Season


As the coolness of Autumn settles on us, it seems only right to reflect on this this past summer, to consider how blessed my family has been and to consider the challenges that lay ahead.
By all standards this past year has been one of immeasurable fortune for my wife and I, our daughter, her husband and their expanding family, and my son, his wife and their expanding family.  For me fortune is not valued in dollars, but in the richness of a successful life.  In that aspect we are rich beyond measure.
I have a job I enjoy, a loving wife to come home to, and the ability to provide whatever material needs we may have.  My daughter and her husband are finding out what life is like with three small children, a 4 year old big sister, a soon to be 2 year old brother, and a soon to be 1 year old little foster sister.  My son was just accepted to medical school, so the next four and a half years will put a tremendous strain on him, his wife, and their children.  I am confident they will find a way to persevere.
Whenever I reach a point of frustration with the polarization of our government, or with some petty problem at work, I have but to spend a minute or two in reflection on our blessings for the annoyance to abate. 

1 comment:

W.B. Picklesworth said...

Is it just me, or do busyness and blessing often go together? It sounds like things are buzzing in your family and wonderfully blessed. That surely is the way I feel these days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...