Monday, September 19, 2011

Sometimes I Just Want to Look Out My Window


Sometimes I just want to look out of my window and yell “I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it any more,” but then I remember two important things.  That was a line from Network, issued by a mad news commentator played by Peter Finch, and our office windows don’t open.  I am frustrated at every turn!
There are varying degrees of insanity, right now I am dealing with the insanity of new leaders who want to make instant decisions, not because they are necessary or correct, but because it allows them to feel they are affecting change.  It is typical of a bureaucracy.  When things are calm and progressing without conflict it is time to reorganize to improve efficiency.
For those who believe in the core of their being that a bigger government is the only way to save America, I would offer you this one important thought.  No one in Government thinks of saving money, when it really comes down to it, its not theirs so who cares?  If new furniture would improve efficiency then lets buy new furniture!  If abandoning a modernization program that has already spent $1,500,000,000.98 and is almost ready to enter production but people think it has been a waste will improve efficiency then lets start all over from scratch, hell its not our money, we can’t worry about that money, it is water under the bridge.  We have to protect future taxpayers dollars, kind of.
If you want to see government waste at its finest look to what the Congress will do in the fiscal year 2013 budget as it scrambles for voter sympathy.  I am afraid the Republicans will be forced to concede to foolish spending plans as the Democrats create this class warfare of increasing taxes on those rich folks.  What everyone forgets is eventually those taxes will be passed on down to the middle class.  The poor will see little difference since they don’t pay taxes now.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...