Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Importance of Being..... Something

    I am reminded in the events of this week it is easy to make fun of people, it is easier still not to see the gradual slide in our standards that make each indiscretion just that much easier to take.  


    As the events of this next Presidential campaign unfold there are certainties I do not look forward to.  I was chatting at dinner with my wife about who I thought would be the best candidate and I had to admit it was someone who is not running, at least publicly at this time.


    What I am afraid will happen is race will become a big deal, claims that one side will destroy the entire social network so many have become dependent on, and claims by the other side that America will be dragged into depression or runaway inflation.

    What will be lost is a legitimate debate on the good or workable ideas that may be available to us as a nation.  Candidates will shift positions and claim they are responding to the public will, or the will focus attention on the wrongs of the other people.


    It would be really refreshing to see a candidate be just one thing, Honest.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...