Friday, June 3, 2011

Blogging

Blogging is like standing on a cliff and yelling out across the valley.  You wonder if anyone will hear you or you will ever hear a response.  I know that most of what is written is mundane and perhaps even a bit narcissistic in the sense the writer is usually writing about something important to him or her, but it is a way to chronicle a life.

I am grateful to have a few people who will respond to my thoughts so that I know I've been heard and perhaps sparked a new thought.  To those you have left comments thank you.  it is as if you've stopped by to sip from my babbling fountain.

For me the times I spend putting my thoughts into a somewhat coherent form is relaxing and gives me a release to express ideas that never seem to find the right moment to speak.  It takes the edge off the day and helps me unwind .

This can be like skimming across the cloud tops wondering which way to turn and what is around the next cloud.  I find in it a chance to contemplate why I feel like I do, not just jam myself into the same cubbyhole each day.

Once, at Edwards AFB, I had an opportunity to fly with one of the test pilots assigned there.  We put on our parachutes and climbed into the T-38 Talon trainer and he took us up on a ride.  It was my first experience going super-sonic, and in today's aircraft the only way you know you are going faster than the speed of sound is because the Mach meter says you are.  I found the rolling and looping to be much more thrilling and have to admit the time went by way too fast.

Some days my time here is like that ride.

6 comments:

Blessed and Broken said...

I am glad you blog too. I was never privy to your journals. :)

Jeannette said...

Tonight I had a call from a relative who mentioned she wished she could be privy to her sister's journal's....like now- not when she is gone. She knows her sister writes a lot and she feels like she could be closer to her if she could read some of her writing.
She isn't thinking of snooping, but is just lamenting that her sister doesn't share more. At there age, neither of them is likely to change a whole lot, but maybe...writing can change a person.
I suggested the relative write her own journal in the meantime.

The fact is...sharing is a gift....some presents may not be fully opened for a long time, but making gifts available is more than standing on a cliff and hollering...

Now as to the little picture that depicts your more or less regular readers as being like a bear at a birdbath....I will have to think about how I feel like that for while...

John said...

I liked the picture, but didn't consider the message. This is in no way intended to reflect on anyone who reads my blog... I will consider alternative pictures.

Jeannette said...

I wrote you a comment and not sure it made it through...so if this is a duplicate just delete it, please.
John, the bear picture is fine! I was teasing you and I see that in the light of the morn I typed a "there" where I needed a "their" and in my last sentence I was thinking I typed "how I feel about that" not "how I feel like that." But hey, trying to communicate is bear sometimes.

John said...

I thought you were but I am open to other choices... I've found hippos, giraffes, and antelope.

Anonymous said...

I've found it interesting to read your thoughts because while we agree quite a bit, our experiences are quite different and we approach things differently. That framework provides an opportunity to examine my own attitudes, which run a little hot sometimes. And I'm thankful for that.

W.B. Picklesworth

P.S. I'm partial to moose. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...