Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Birthday Ballon - Remembered

I came home this evening and my fourteen week old birthday ballon was not in its usual place.  It had wandered off to another room.  I think this is akin to what pets do when they are not feeling well.  They go to find a quiet dark place to rest and perhaps die.  




I tracked him down and brought him back, he showed signs of regaining his old self, but you could tell he just didn't have the helium he once had.  I couldn't stand to see him, a shadow of his former self, just hanging there and waiting for the inevitable leak that will mark the end.


So like a good friend I did the only human (I did mean this word and did not misspell humane) thing I could do.  I took him out to the trash to await the truck in the morning.  He will have one last taste of freedom as he is dumped into the compactor, but then he will become one with earth.


14 weeks and one day... how quickly helium passes.


An Update:  Today when the trash man came the balloon made its break for freedom and headed off into the sky seeking its freedom.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...