Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Word


As a means of expression I like the word
It suits my way of thinking
Whole words are good, and phrases are nice
Complete thoughts in the form of a sentence refreshing

This new way of writing; with texts and with tweets
Does not suit my brain, nor my style
It leaves me feeling incomplete
And seems completely un-worthwhile

Perhaps it is the fault of us
Who grew with television
Where the written word is hardly known
And reality shaped by vision

Our imaginations have taken flight
Never more to serve us
Now we are led by those whose insight
believes 140 letters should do us

2 comments:

Carol............. said...

Is this a poem that you wrote? I like it.

Read through a few of your previous posts (which I try to do weekly on most followers' blogs) and as usual I agree with your political comments and observations.

I got a kick out of the visual of the wrinkled smiley balloon!

I'll consider your name for my Yam Plant!!! LOL
(hmmmmmm, maybe I should have a contest....)

Jeannette said...

"In the beginning was the word..."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...