Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Life of a Balloon

How long does a helium filled Mylar balloon float?  My lovely wife brought me a smiley face one for my birthday and it has been hovering over my desk against the ceiling for the last three weeks.  I lean back in my chair and look up to the ceiling and I have a now aging and wrinkling smiley face staring back at me.  I can relate to the aging and wrinkling part.

It has become my guardian, watching over my desk and the bills placed there.  It is challenging me to remember that life should be fun.  The life of a helium filled balloon must be measured on a scale somewhere between that of a fly and butterfly, but I can’t be too sure.

Someday I think that I must do an experiment.  I shall fill a smiley face and a grumpy face balloon at the same time and see if one lasts longer than the other.

4 comments:

Blessed and Broken said...

lol at your wrinkly balloon. good post.

Jeannette said...

happy belated birthday to you.

W.B. Picklesworth said...

"The life of a helium filled balloon must be measured on a scale somewhere between that of a fly and butterfly, but I can’t be too sure."

You captured it well right there.

John said...

Thank you all for your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...